Opera House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opera House

Welcome to your worst Nightmare....

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Can't Get It Right

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
xMelody

xMelody

Can't Get It Right  Empty
PostSubject: Can't Get It Right    Can't Get It Right  EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 3:09 am

((Anyone can jump in if they want. Figured I should get started roleplaying on here and getting Melody to meet people. XD))

"Re, Fa, Fa, Do...Re? Argh! Darn it!"

Melody felt like kicking the music stand. But instead, she took a deep breath and tried to calm herself. It had been like this all morning. She had been given a short song to learn to test out her range and it had been giving her trouble. She could barely remember the order in which the notes went in, let alone how to jump from one to the other. But she knew she had to pick up things quick if she wanted to learn some of the harder stuff and keep advancing. She took another deep breath, then straightened the music and tried again.

"Re, Fa, Fa, Do, Re, Fa, Ti, Do...No, no, no!"

Melody groaned. It looked like she would never get this right. And she had barely started here. So much for becoming a future star.
Back to top Go down
~Charlotte~

~Charlotte~

PostSubject: Re: Can't Get It Right    Can't Get It Right  EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 3:26 am

OOC : I could if you want me Wink
Back to top Go down
xMelody

xMelody

PostSubject: Re: Can't Get It Right    Can't Get It Right  EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 3:40 am

OOC: Sure! Smile
Back to top Go down
~Charlotte~

~Charlotte~

PostSubject: Re: Can't Get It Right    Can't Get It Right  EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 4:40 am

Charlotte walked by the practise room. She could hear someone practising in there, and cursing. She peeked in and smiled seeing Melody there. "Do, Re, Mi, Fa, So, La, Ti, Do.." She sang out as she walked in the room. "You want some tutoring, or tips? I am the best in this house you know."
Back to top Go down
xMelody

xMelody

PostSubject: Re: Can't Get It Right    Can't Get It Right  EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 10:12 am

Melody looked up at the sound of a pretty voice singing the scale, all the way up to high Do. She turned around to see Charlotte enter the room, looking like a prima donna should: prim, proper, and knowing that she was the best.

"Oh, Miss Charlotte!" Melody jumped to her feet and gave a curtsy that was a bit clumsy. "Tutoring from you? You'd...really do that?" The young girl almost sounded out of breath from her excitement. Charlotee, the star of the opera house, teaching her? It was practically a dream come true! "I'm such a great admirer of yours. Your voice is incredible. I love every role you've ever played."
Back to top Go down
~Charlotte~

~Charlotte~

PostSubject: Re: Can't Get It Right    Can't Get It Right  EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 10:05 pm

She smiled amused by her clumsy curtsy. "No need to be formal here." She went to the stand to see what she was practising. "And ofcourse I would do that. We are one big family in here." She looked at the girl and smiled widely. "Why thank you Melody." She was very happy about the compliments she gave her. "Just for that reason only, I wouldn't mind taking you under my wing. Would you like that?" She asked kindly from the girl.

OOC : If you want you can join me on the operahouse chat. I might otherwise not be checking on opera that much.
Back to top Go down
xMelody

xMelody

PostSubject: Re: Can't Get It Right    Can't Get It Right  EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 1:44 am

OOC: Sure! Should I reply here, then post something there or just post under the opera house thing?
Back to top Go down
~Charlotte~

~Charlotte~

PostSubject: Re: Can't Get It Right    Can't Get It Right  EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 1:55 am

OOC : we Roleplay here, but we talk in the chat. So reply here ^^ There is more info about it in this link: https://operahouse.forumotion.com/t8-the-world-of-opera-house
Back to top Go down
xMelody

xMelody

PostSubject: Re: Can't Get It Right    Can't Get It Right  EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 2:45 am

OOC: Sorry if I'm asking a bunch of questions. XD So, I just make an account, find the Operahouse chat, and just start chatting away to whoever happens to be on?
Back to top Go down
~Charlotte~

~Charlotte~

PostSubject: Re: Can't Get It Right    Can't Get It Right  EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 2:51 am

OOC : you don't have to create an account, just use a nickname or your own name and log in ^^ and pretty much just talk to people
Back to top Go down
xMelody

xMelody

PostSubject: Re: Can't Get It Right    Can't Get It Right  EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 4:16 am

OOC: Okay, I'm on now. I'm such a noob sometimes, it take me forever to learn new things. XD
Back to top Go down
xMelody

xMelody

PostSubject: Re: Can't Get It Right    Can't Get It Right  EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 4:24 am

Melody just nodded, but she still kept up her formal posture. It was just a habit now. "Oh, I'd like it very much. Thank you." She smiled, so excited to have Charlotte as a tutor. She wished she could tell Jane. She would be so proud of her. "You must know everything about music, don't you? Being a prima donna and all."
Back to top Go down
~Charlotte~

~Charlotte~

PostSubject: Re: Can't Get It Right    Can't Get It Right  EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 4:31 am

She smiled very proudly. "You could say that. Though, I can only play only piano. But yes, almost everything." She looked at the girl like sizing her up. "Now sing for me. Anything will be fine." She said sitting down on the chair and watched Melody.
Back to top Go down
xMelody

xMelody

PostSubject: Re: Can't Get It Right    Can't Get It Right  EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 4:41 am

"Oh. Um, right now?" Melody was still a little self-conscious about her singing, since it sounded nothing like the adults here. But, she decided to try anyway. Her hands fidgeted nervously with her dress, but she opened her mouth and sang a little tune anyway, aware that Charlotte's eyes were on her.

(OOC: I guess Melody's singing voice sounds like how it is in the movie? XD))
Back to top Go down
~Charlotte~

~Charlotte~

PostSubject: Re: Can't Get It Right    Can't Get It Right  EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 4:50 am

She smiled kindly at Melody. "Yes now." She then took a serious look in her face as she observed the girl. She then got up and walked to her. "Posture, and look at your audience. You will be singing to bigger audiences than just little old me." She said correcting the girls posture. "See? Now you will be able to breathe better and your voice will come out much stronger." She said standing up straight and starting to just vocalise with her voice. She then looked back at Melody. "Now try again dear." She said smiling kindly at the girl.
Back to top Go down
xMelody

xMelody

PostSubject: Re: Can't Get It Right    Can't Get It Right  EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:00 am

Melody stopped for a second as Charlotte straightened her up a little more. She blinked for a second, looking straight ahead, imagining herself on a stage with a full house right in front of her. She looked at Charlotte for a moment, trying to get an idea of what she was supposed to do. "Breathe better, stronger voice. Gotcha." She nodded, then tried again, although she found it hard to remember what Charlotte said and imagine a big audience at the same time. Her voice wobbled a bit.
Back to top Go down
~Charlotte~

~Charlotte~

PostSubject: Re: Can't Get It Right    Can't Get It Right  EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:08 am

She smiled. "You don't have to imagine an audience infront of you right now." She said kindly to Melody as she heard her voice wobble. "You wont face an audience for a long time. You must gain confidence about your voice, it is beautifull."
Back to top Go down
xMelody

xMelody

PostSubject: Re: Can't Get It Right    Can't Get It Right  EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:35 am

"Thank you," Melody said shyly, eyes looking down at her feet. "I've never really sang in front of an audience before. It sounds kind of...daunting." She looked up at Charlotte. "I guess you get used to it eventually, don't you? The bright lights and the big stage and the crowds..."
Back to top Go down
~Charlotte~

~Charlotte~

PostSubject: Re: Can't Get It Right    Can't Get It Right  EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 6:04 am

She smiled. "You are welcome dear. And yes, it is daunting for the first few times, but you will get used to it." She said feeling nostalgic. "Though, now I wouldn't give up my spot on the stage for any price." She looked at Melody. "Now where were we? Has anyone taught you any breathing excercises?"
Back to top Go down
xMelody

xMelody

PostSubject: Re: Can't Get It Right    Can't Get It Right  EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 6:11 am

"I'd imagine so," said Melody, smiling. "I mean, if I got up there, I'd never leave. I'd want to stay up there forever." She felt excited just thinking about it. "Oh, breathing exercises?" She thought for a moment, trying to remember if anybody had mentioned it before. "Um, I think Maestro Hook mentioned them, but I think he was talking to somebody else. He was saying that if you didn't breathe correctly, your voice would sound like a five-year-old's."
Back to top Go down
~Charlotte~

~Charlotte~

PostSubject: Re: Can't Get It Right    Can't Get It Right  EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 6:36 am

She nodded. "And he is right." She went to get some drinking straws, and gave one to Melody. She put the straw in her mouth and started to breathe in and out while making a sound. "Like this. Breathe in and out, and make a sound." She then tapped her lower abdomine. "You have to bre athe way over there." She then vocalised one long note as long as she could hold it. "And you will be able to do this one day."

OOC : and yes wikipedia to the rescue I looked it up drinking straws were pattented in 1888. >Cool
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_straw
Back to top Go down
xMelody

xMelody

PostSubject: Re: Can't Get It Right    Can't Get It Right  EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 7:28 am

Melody gave an incredulous look at the straw. This was supposed to help her be a better singer? It sounded a little weird. "Okay..." She put the straw in her mouth and tried to breathe through it. But with her breathing space limited to a straw's space, she quickly felt like she was suffocating and pulled the straw out. "How is this supposed to work?" she asked. "I feel like I'm suffocating."

((I feel like I'm back in choir class. I remember doing stuff like this. XD))
Back to top Go down
~Charlotte~

~Charlotte~

PostSubject: Re: Can't Get It Right    Can't Get It Right  EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 3:38 pm

OOC : XD I never had any singing or musical classes.

She took the straw out of her mouth and laughed. "This helps you to control your breathing. See the difference." She asked as she took in air and sang out a long note. She then did the same, but this time not as long and she sounded like she ran out of air at the end. "And you think this is ridiculous? Just wait till we start doing vocal exercises. To most people it sounds like we just escaped from the looney bin." She laughed.
Back to top Go down
xMelody

xMelody

PostSubject: Re: Can't Get It Right    Can't Get It Right  EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 1:00 am

"Oh." Melody could hear the difference. It looked like if she practiced breathing like this, she could hold notes longer, and with more strength too. She usually started out strong if she was holding a long note, but at the end, it tended to sound like she was dying. "I see. I'll remember." She looked up at Charlotte. "Oh yeah, I heard some of the others doing those yesterday. Half of them sounded like tongue twisters, but they sang them like they were commenting on the weather." She gave a little giggle.
Back to top Go down
~Charlotte~

~Charlotte~

PostSubject: Re: Can't Get It Right    Can't Get It Right  EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 2:28 am

She laughed. "Exactly." She smiled at the girl as she instructed her with the basics. "Now, just keep practising hard, and some day you could be as talented as me." She said beaming with pride. She then patted Melodys head. "I better go rest my voice. I have to perform again tomorrow." Chearlotte said going to the door of the practise room. "I shall see you around Melody, and please don't hesitate to ask me for help." She said before she vanished through the door.

OOC : sorry, I'm super busy @.@ X.X
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can't Get It Right    Can't Get It Right  Empty

Back to top Go down

Can't Get It Right
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Opera House :: Operahouse :: Practice Room-
Jump to: